INTERIOR DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY In the field of interior design, DORMERO deliberately backs modern hardware – hardware that allows the rooms to be given an appearance that can be changed flexibly at any time as well as minimising the use of further resources:
- Use of digital LED coloured lighting systems with energy-saving lamps, which allow flexible alteration of the wall and ceiling design in seconds, instead of a physically applied colour design on ceilings and walls, which quickly becomes dated and is subject to changing fashion trends
- Modern digital signage systems, which can be recorded in an individual and fashionable way, instead of mass editions of signs, leaflets and posters
- Use of energy-saving bulbs
- Predominant use of energy-saving LED technology in the area of external advertising systems
- Multimedia systems that can be recorded with constantly new, updated content instead of short-lived stand displays and decorations.
- Conservation of forests through the use of durable coatings and long-lasting, heavy-duty laminates (high-pressure laminates) in interior and furniture design instead of sensitive real wood veneers.
- Floorings in durable, hardwearing carpets, imitation woods, polyurethane coatings or concrete to conserve natural resources.
- Bathroom furnishing using stoneware or artificial stone to conserve natural resources by avoiding real stone.
RESOURCES & CONSUMABLES
- Use of local and seasonal products.
- Minimising the use of single-use packagings.
- Complete kitchen furnishing with energy-saving induction technology.
- Reducing water consumption with water-saving sanitary fittings:
- Water-saving shower heads in all rooms,
- Water-saving toilet flushes in all rooms
- Sensors and water-saving taps in all public washrooms, Energy-efficient hand dryers instead of paper towels
- Optional reuse of towels and bedding.
- Optional paperless tendering and booking procedures as well as information material.
- Online event plans and online menus.
- Paperless, free iPad loan instead of newspapers and magazines.
- Waste prevention and recycling.
- Procurement of tickets for public transport.
TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
- Latest control technology in order to use the required energy resources as sparingly as possible
- Complete building management system including all electrical systems, with analysis and limitation of individual crises
- Fitting all heating and cooling devices with a heat recovery function
- Minimised energy need due to centralised server structure and highly efficient IT systems instead of decentralised computing centres for each hotel site
- Largely paperless office due to the use of a central document management system
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Optional paperless offers and event brochures
- Use of the latest energy-efficient meeting technology
- Largely packaging-free snacks and coffee breaks
- Drinks in environmentally friendly bottles
- Low-emission supporting programme